Print This Post Print This Post
Home > Conference 09 > Final Thoughts

Final Thoughts

October 26th, 2009

Monday¬†– Just arrived back home in Seattle. I made it, but my bags didn’t. I was on the same plane as Jane and Tony, and their bags didn’t arrive either, so I don’t feel so bad!

It’ll take some time for me to process everything that went on this week at Conference. The Holy Spirit was moving in so many dimensions, not only in my heart but in the ministry as a whole. I don’t have the advantage of a long history with Aglow (not any history at all, really!), so there’s no basis for comparison, but it seems that these are unprecedented days of change and new directions.

I loved meeting the “Aglow Tribe” — and look forward to meeting even more of you in the future. What a wonderful, special family of believers, and how exciting to see the blessing and favor of God resting on this ministry. There truly is an “open heaven” over us, and a bright future ahead.

See the gallery below — I’ve tried to capture some of the special moments from the conference — and feel free to add your thoughts, impressions and observations to the conversation.

Blessings to all my new Aglow friends,

-Rick

Categories: Conference 09 Tags:
  1. October 27th, 2009 at 14:21 | #1

It has been a blessing to read all your reports. Thanks for doing this is such an excellent fashion. Glad you got blessed too. Kay

2. Brenda Dowdin
    October 27th, 2009 at 14:41 | #2

Hi Rick:
    I just read your comment and I couldn’t agree with you more. It’s Tuesday in Chico, Ca and I am still processing too. God did so much in such a small amount of time in our hearts and minds. It almost feels like he did major surgery on Aglow and we are just coming out of a deep anesthesia. From the moment we flew over Louisville just coming in I could feel the tenderness of the Father’s heart over Aglow descending down upon us. It was all I could do to keep the tears back as we began to descend in our plane over the city. The Lord is so good to our Aglow Tribe. Welcome to Aglow Rick, it’s great to have you along. If you don’t already, you will soon really love Aglow and how our Father uses it. It’s an amazing company of passionate lovers of Jesus to belong too! Blessings, Brenda Dowdin, Feather River Area President, Chico, Ca.

3. Karen Hoffbauer, NE State Area President
    October 28th, 2009 at 05:38 | #3

Wow, Rick! You did an incredible job in summarizing the conference! It’s a challenge to put into words all that we experienced. God went deep. You voiced it beautifully. It was a honor to meet you after the conference as we walked back to the Galt House with you. Blessings and thanks from Nebraska!

4. Sherry Anderson
    October 28th, 2009 at 08:27 | #4

You did a wonderful job in recapping the conference! This conference went way beyond my expectation and I came “expecting”! Bless you for all you do as Aglow’s Webmaster.
    Sherry, NW FL Area

5. Barbara Matsick
    October 28th, 2009 at 08:37 | #5

Thanks, Rick. So much transpired that the only thing I thought I could say about the conference to anyone who would ask is, “I’m pregnant”. However, you really did a great job with your perceptions of the conference. We are an “end times prophetic apostolic ministry” of women living from the present to the future. What glorious impartation and revelation during all parts of the conference! Graham Cooke’s “Spiritual Warrior” series for prayer warriors is most excellent! I was able to lead intercession yesterday at my church with new focus and insight, that of proclamation and so much more. Yes, God has entrusted us with much. What an awesome responsibility to be a part of Aglow in the last day’s “Army of the Lord”. All praise, honor and glory to His name. Love and Blessings in Christ Yeshua. Barb from a small town in Northern WI.

6. October 28th, 2009 at 13:35 | #6

Rick, God bless you – I was wondering how to give a resume of the conference to my local leaders and members and I found THIS. What a help – we have the cd’s and dvd but I have to give a report vocally. thus is a help with capital letters and with photo.s God Is Good. all praise and honor to Him but you did a terrific job. Many many thanks from Curacao, Netherlands Antilles, Caribbean

7. October 28th, 2009 at 14:15 | #7

Thanks, Rick, for the wonderful report I read every day! For those of us who were not able to go, this was amazing! I felt the move of God although miles away! May the Lord bless you much in this ministry!

8. Linda Bridgewater
    October 29th, 2009 at 18:48 | #8

This was my first conference. I was so blessed by the envent. I had just lost my job 2 days after paying my registration and I thought about not attending the conference due to the financial situation. My husband, Bill, told me that I had paid my registration and that we would figure out something. I am so glad that he pushed me to attend and I am so glad that he did. This was a new experience for me and I was overwhelmed at times with the attendance, but my fellow Pittsburg, KS AGLOW members just took me by the hand and made sure I was where I needed to be and be there on time. The hospitality of everyone was wonderful, I at one time lost my camera bag and someone turned it into the lost and found table and I was so greatful to get it back. I don’t know who returned it but I want to “Thank you for returning it.” I was so blessed by the praise and worship that I couldn’t wait to get home and have my family listen to the great music that I was able to hear. I am looking forward to attending next years conference and I have already started saving my pennies for the trip. Hope to see you next year, God Bless.

9. Jeanne LaCroix, Area Pres. SW Wa
    October 29th, 2009 at 19:10 | #9

Welcome to Aglow,Rick. What a great job you did of summarizing this conference.The pictures are great, such a good variety. It was thrilling to see 2 of the Lighthouse Leaders from SW Wa. in 2 of them. I came expecting and was amazed by what God did. Every year I think it can’t get better, only HE can top Himself. Now the “digest time” is here. My luggage was among the delayed, and the leg from Chicago to Seattle was uncomfortable due to seating assignment, but hey. I had a seat, well 2/3′s of one. Once again Thank you for the excellent coverage and welcome to the “Tribe of Aglow. I hope you are with us for the long haul. God Bless You.

10. October 30th, 2009 at 17:04 | #10

Hello brother Rick, thank you for the pictures and the sharing during the Conference.
    May God bless you for all what you do for the Lord!!!
    See you in two years!

11. Diane Fink
    October 30th, 2009 at 21:57 | #11

Hey Rick! Just read your blogs…awesome! As everyone has already commented, your summary of conference was excellent. I loved reliving it through your eyes! I also want to say how blessed I was by watching you worship the Lord in such abandon during the conference. He must have been delighted too!
    As others have said… so glad you’re part of our “Tribe”. See you next week! Enjoy your weekend. Diane

12. Darcy Schumacher
    November 3rd, 2009 at 15:21 | #12

Rick, great job. Now, when are we going to be able to subscribe to podcasts that feature Jane or other Aglow speakers? This is what I’m looking forward to :)

13. Alice Tsoi
    November 4th, 2009 at 09:28 | #13

Hello from Hong Kong, China! Rick, it was so good to meet you and now to read your blog feels like we’re family. Your comments were refreshing and seeing your openness really blessed me. This was such an awesome conference and the Lord brought you at the right time to capture the historic moments. Thank you for what you are doing. Cheers!!

14. Linda Manickavasagam
    November 6th, 2009 at 05:32 | #14

Hi Rick,
    Greetings from Malaysia. The conference was awesome and your blog captured the essence of the whole in such a beautiful manner. Thank you. You looked very much at home at the conference even if this was your first time . Welcome to the family Rick. You did a great job .

15. Linda Hudgins
    November 9th, 2009 at 07:06 | #15

I was unable to attend this year but reading your blog it bought the conference to me and I could almost hear Jane and the speakers speak as I read the words. Wow what a might move of God and thanks your for the blog and bring it to us that could not afford to come.

God is a mighy God and thank you for your blog.

Chaplain Linda

16. Charlotte Frace
    November 11th, 2009 at 14:46 | #16

Never having been to a Conference I really appreciate the write-up and the photos. The picture of First Nations brought tears to my eyes.

I came to the Aglow website looking for something to share at our upcoming meeting.
    God bless everyone involved with Aglow International and all the local chapters.

Welcome abroad, Rick.

17. Judy Monastra
    November 12th, 2009 at 20:17 | #17

Wow! I have only just realised this blog was running the whole time we were at conference! It’s very well written & gives great detail as well as your own heart felt experience. Thanks Rick …we will be encouraging our members down under in NZ to have a read. You are so right, we have received so much & we are still processing. Its been a challenge this week to put out our National Newsletter … how do you put into a couple of pages everything that has been spoken & revealed?! Not one of us has returned home the same .. all glory to God! Thankyou again for your input into the tribe!

18. Kathy Sowers
    November 12th, 2009 at 21:41 | #18

Just got Jane’s e-mail letter and came onto the website looking for her new blog and found – yours, Rick. I am grinning from ear to ear re-living this conference through your fabulous blog. Feeling electrified again by all that happened in Louisville. Thank you for your faithfulness in writing everything down for all to share.

19. Mary E Earles
    November 13th, 2009 at 09:20 | #19

Hi Rick,
    Just took time to read your daily comments about Aglow’s Conference and wanted to thank you. I did not attend this year, but really appreciated your reports. As a result of your report I have ordered a couple of the DVD’s to enjoy here at home in Iowa. Sounds like a wonderful time in the Lord and Aglow always has an awesome international conference. So good to hear about it.

20. Phyllis
    November 16th, 2009 at 08:29 | #20

This is my 2nd time reading through the blogs. It was like a fresh wind blew through my computer into the room. What a history making time we had in Louisville! Wonderful commentary and captured moments. Thanks Rick & Karen you were missed girlfriend!!

21. Paula Mckee
    November 16th, 2009 at 21:06 | #21

When I am asked how was international I find myself saying that “better than ever does not do it justice. The conference was Heavenly Heaven to earth.” The Lord manafested Himself to each one as well as corperatly His Heart, His Love for us even the hope for each of us as we walk as His bride beautiful before Him. It is my prayer that as I share with the Spokane Eve Lighthouse meeting that the Holy Spirit will deposit on each of His preciouse one the impact the was experienced and still experiencing. It truley was a time, I felt spent in the throne room with my Lord.

22. Marcella Posthuma, Area Team Pres, So NV
    December 5th, 2009 at 06:47 | #22

This page is so exciting! What a great addition to see the conference again and read the comments! I feel like I’m making God connections right here at the conference and with the people who comment! Thanks, Rick. Your pictures and summaries are great! It’s like reliving God’s presense all over again! His presence seems to just flow off this site! Carry the sword onward!

Comments are closed.