Print This Post Print This Post
Home > Conference 09 > Welcome to the 2009 Aglow Worldwide Conference!

Welcome to the 2009 Aglow Worldwide Conference!

October 13th, 2009

Inside the Louisville airport

Greetings! My name is Rick Allen. I’m the webmaster for Aglow (as of March of this year) and I’ll be posting updates from Louisville throughout the week of the conference.

Having recently joined the Aglow team, this is my first conference so maybe I’ll be able to bring a fresh perspective on the events. I’m really not sure what to expect. I know what’s on the schedule, but I’ve been told that Conference is something you have to experience first-hand before you can really understand it.

At any rate, I’ll do my best to absorb it all and to keep you updated via these blog postings. One thing I do know — we’re anticipating awesome things from the Lord this week!

A friendly Aglow volunteer greeted me at the airport.

It’s Monday evening and I actually just arrived here in Louisville. I was delighted to find one of our volunteers greeting guests at the airport. She was a little surprised when I told her that I was with Aglow (prediction: that won’t be the first time I see that kind of reaction this week!), but quickly got over the shock and helped me find a shuttle to the hotel. Thanks, Eileen, for warmly welcoming me to Louisville.

Tomorrow (Tuesday) we’ll be busy with setup and registration. My understanding is that the majority of the attendees (over 3000) will be arriving on Wednesday. This is going to be quite an experience!

Categories: Conference 09 Tags:
  1. Jane Kuhns
    October 27th, 2009 at 05:44 | #1

The friendly Aglow volunteer you met at the airport is none other than Eileen Dunham from the South Central Ohio Area – Mt. Vernon, OH Lighthouse.

2. Donna Rhodes
    October 27th, 2009 at 07:22 | #2

I am so blessed to read these blogs. You have done a wonderful job. I had to cancel coming to the conference because of family reasons and this makes me feel like I was there.
    The Conferences have always been a blessing to me. Thank you for the time and effort you put into all of this. I can hardly wait until my team gets back to share with me.
    Blessings

3. October 27th, 2009 at 12:49 | #3

Thanks, Donna, I’m so glad that the blog has been a blessing to you. I really enjoyed doing it!

Jane, thanks for the info about the friendly Aglow volunteer — I’ll update the blog entry and add Eileen’s name.

4. Ann Saldivar
    October 27th, 2009 at 13:32 | #4

Thanks soooo much to Rick for taking the extra time to write up recaps of each session!!!!
    There was so much to absorb and this really helps bring it back to mind. Blessings to you, Rick!

5. October 30th, 2009 at 15:17 | #5

Welcome aboard, Rick! Great job! We are blessed to have you as an Aglow man. I really appreciated your comments of the conference.
    Love and blessings from Tennessee,
    Jeannine

6. Nina Adams
    October 31st, 2009 at 19:21 | #6

Since Louisville is my hometown , I was especially grateful to have the conference here! Grateful is not big enough word, though, to express for all of us in the Louisville Neighborhood Aglow Lighthouse……we were exicted beyone words and knew it was a once in a lifetime opportunity to see the ‘whole tribe’ gathered together! I have been in Aglow since 1979 so it has become a part of my life. We have prayed for more ladies to join in and in this open heaven time, Holy Spirit nudgings will bring them . Praise God! My name can be found on the Aglow website as a Louisville connection. Thanks for all the expended efforts to make it a grand conference! Nina

Comments are closed.